As needs arise in the areas of Early Care and Education, Youth Development, Children With Intensive Needs, and Equal Justice for All Youth, the Collaboration Council advocates for resources to meet those needs.
Each year, a proposed Child and Family Budget and Legislative Agenda is prepared and used to advance our priorities for Montgomery County’s families.
You, too, can make your voice heard by the government officials who decide how and where to invest taxpayers’ funds on behalf of our future. Registering your opinion at scheduled budget hearings is one way you can show your support.
Writing or phoning your legislators and council members-at any time-is another way to let elected officials know how you feel about funding and priorities for children, youth and families.
UPCOMING BUDGET FORUMS/HEARINGS
Montgomery County Executive Isiah Leggett is sponsoring five budget forums during the months of January and February to seek input from residents about fiscal year 2014 operating budget priorities.
The forums are scheduled to begin at 7 p.m. on the following dates:
• January 10, Mid-County Community Recreation Center, 2004 Queensguard Rd., Silver Spring;
• January 24, BlackRock Center for the Arts, 12901 Town Commons Dr., Germantown;
• January 28, Bethesda-Chevy Chase Regional Service Center, 4805 Edgemoor La., Bethesda;
• January 29, Silver Spring Civic Building, One Veterans Plaza, Silver Spring; and
• February 4, Eastern Montgomery Regional Services Center, 3300 Briggs Chaney Rd. Silver Spring.
Leggett is encouraging residents to attend the forums to provide input in light of budget shortfalls predicted in the coming fiscal year.